Metabolic Syndrome: In Less Than a Year I Got My Blood Sugar and Cholesterol to Normal
by June C., R.N.
As an R.N. and Midwife with 40+ years of Nursing, I was diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome.
I had High Blood Pressure, Elevated blood sugars (Type 2 Diabetes) and Elevated Cholesterol Ratio.
I am also Obese. I have been angry at myself, and was determined to reduce these numbers.
So I took some action. My M.D. is a caring, very traditional physician.
So I started on Medication for Blood pressure, and Diabetes. I refused medication for Cholesterol because I did not like the feeling I got in my gut even at a low dose.
I also started on a Healthy Heart Exercise program run by a local hospital.
In less than a year, my Sugar, and Cholesterol are in NORMAL range.
My Blood Pressure is also in a normal range, with meds cut in half.
My weight is down 7 Kilos, and waist measurement down 5 inches, and am down 3 dress sizes. I am told muscle weighs more than fat.
My intention now is to wean myself off the medications, and drop at least another 30 kilos.
HERE'S WHAT I USED FOR THESE RESULTS:
* 1-2 pouches daily of the disease-fighting protein recommended on this site
* Niacin (no flush, 1000mgm - 500mgm daily)
* Am now adding Cinnamon capsules for my blood sugar
* I also started bio-identical HORMONE cream twice daily
* I meditate and walk daily, and now sleep 8 hours a day
* I take my Blood Sugar level before and after Exercise and it is now consistently in normal range, so I have begun cutting back on the medication and instead, I take a Chromium supplement and Cinnamon capsules and the results are the same as the medication.
* My blood pressure medication has been cut in half. I monitor my blood pressure and take meds accordingly -- it only goes up when I am at the doc's!
As a nurse I got caught up in caring for others, shift work -- 12 hours shifts did not help.
Research is now showing so much in the correlation between stress hormone, cortisol and all other hormones e.g. Insulin that do affect our well being.
Hormone imbalance has an effect on your health.
Be an advocate for your health, do not wait take action, question, and do the research.
I will post my progress.
Thanks for reading this.