Healthy Eating Importance: Why Healthy
Recipes for Kids, Healthy Eating for Toddlers?
Healthy eating importance, and why make SMALL changes NOW?
Researchers continue to find that kids have the worst diets!
So start healthy eating for toddlers now, and get easy healthy recipes for kids to get the best habits.
Start with small changes NOW. Why?
- Researchers find that even making
small changes can make a big difference in avoiding
disease and living longer -- and well being!
How much longer would you live if you followed these basics?
- don’t smoke
- exercise regularly
- drink alcohol in
- eat five servings of fruits and vegetables a day
You would live an average of 14 years longer! And likely feel better, according to a study in Britain at the
University of Cambridge with the Medical Research Council in Britain.
- Researchers studied 20,000 men and women ages 45 to 79, for 10 years. They were in good health at the start of the study.
Ten years later there was a big difference in the death rate
between people who adhered to the four basics -- they lived on average, 14 years longer!
Kids Healthy Eating Importance Ignored
Children are being let down by parents who are feeding them too much
unhealthy hydrogenated oils, sugar and salt and not enough fruits and
vegetables, say other researchers in the US and Britain. "Government report, Food: An
Analysis of the Issues."
They said that not only could 70,000 deaths be avoided every year if Britons followed the healthy eating guidelines, says the report, but that:
- "Children's diets are proportionally worse than adults and the future of children's health is of particular concern."
Small Changes in Healthy Eating for Toddlers with Healthy Recipes for Kids
What's the problem with healthy eating for toddlers and kids?
- Kay Tee Khaw, the lead researcher of the British study, says that
although people have a some notions of healthy eating importance, they
think they need to make big changes, so they do nothing.
But the truth
is that even small differences can have a
big impact on health.
Consider these for healthy recipes for kids:
- Simply by cutting out trans fats, heart disease rates would drop by 50%, and getting kids started early makes all the difference.
- An apple and a few veggies a day still keeps the doctor away!
- Eating more “super foods” such as walnuts may give some protection against the effect of a poor diet:
Spanish researchers decided to find out how simple nutrition
helps heart health.
They asked 24 volunteers to eat a salami and cheese
sandwich on white bread followed with high fat yogurt.
Then they gave
half the volunteers five teaspoons of olive oil, and the other half
eight shelled walnuts.
- The healthy eating importance of both olive oil and of walnuts
are that they both have beneficial effects on the arteries after a high
fat meal, but walnuts are better. How?
Just by adding either of these two foods, they reduced the inflammation and oxidation that causes coronary heart disease.
- Note that only the walnuts kept arteries flexible, but not the olive oil. Flexible arteries means that you do not have "hardening of the arteries." (Journal of the American College of
Scientists are stressing healthy eating importance for both young
- Some kids already have heart disease and "adult onset"
diabetes before they are 10 years old, so that scientists are predicting
a shorter life span than their parents for this younger generation.
Healthy Eating Importance for Young and Old
We hope that you have been inspired for healthy eating for toddlers with quick and easy snacks as healthy recipes for kids.
- walnuts and apples (sprinkled with cinnamon if cut up) and in season fruits, cucumbers and carrots as snacks help form new habits and taste preferences.
Try our recommended:
Start Small and Get Healthy Recipes for Kids and Best Healthy Eating for Toddlers
GO TO Health Discoveries HOME PAGE from Healthy Eating Importance