Add these foods to prevent diabetes!
Here are studies from around the world of large groups of people, and scientists in their labs showing what is the best diet for insulin resistance.
These foods improve how insulin turns glucose into energy. This means that these foods delay or prevent type 2 diabetes!
Tree nuts have been scientifically proven to prevent and delay age related diseases. This includes heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes militus.
Researchers say that eating nuts helps prevent diabetes by:
To improve your health and your lifespan, eat a variety of nuts, they say, from almonds, pecan nuts, walnuts and hazelnuts to pistachios. 1
You may want to add cheese and dairy to your list of foods to prevent diabetes.
Not even low-fat dairy, but rich, aged cheeses also!
A large study in France, where they eat lots of cheese, found that those people who eat the most calcium-rich dairy foods had:
Other studies have found that eating cheese helps against the risk of type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome.
Eat Naturally Aged Cheese:
Reasrchers in the UK and Denmark tested whether the benefits of eating cheese are due to the bioactive compounds produced during cheese aging, or ripening.
And sure enough, they found that:
They found that only aged cheese helps against insulin resistance in their test animals, and thought this knowledge would be important for human health.
Clinical studies have shown that soybeans and pulses (dried beans, dried peas, chickpeas -- garbanzo beans, and lentils) are able to reduce insulin resistance and related risks for type 2 diabetes.
But now scientists have proven this by showing us how they actually work for among the best diet for insulin resistance.
They looked for the "insulin-sensitizing actions of soybeans and chickpeas" and found a number of things, including:
So eat more hummus dips made from chickpeas, chili and make soups and stews with beans and lentils for the best diet for insulin resistance!
Did you know that cabbage was one of two vegetable types-- the other type was root vegetables such as beets -- found to be a mainstay for prevention of type 2 diabetes in Denmark?
In a large study of over 57,000 adults in this country they found that:
Those who closely followed the Healthy Nordik Food Index had the lowest incidence of type 2 diabetes.
There are nearly 20 different flavonoids and 15 different phenols in cabbage, all of which have demonstrated antioxidant activity.
This impressive list of antioxidant phytonutrients in cabbage is one key reason why an increasing number of studies link cabbage intake to decreased risk of several cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes.
No longer a mystery for best foods to prevent diabetes!
However, if you already have diabetes you may want a special diet as diabetes cure.
1. Anti-aging potential of tree nuts with a focus on the phytochemical composition, molecular mechanisms and thermal stability of major bioactive compounds. Food Funct. 2018 Apr 4. doi: 10.1039/c7fo01967j. [Epub ahead of print]
2. 2015 American Society for Nutrition. Dairy consumption and the incidence of hyperglycemia and the metabolic syndrome: results from a french prospective study, Data from the Epidemiological Study on the Insulin Resistance Syndrome (DESIR). Diabetes Care. 2011 Apr; 34(4):813-7.
3. Cheddar Cheese Ripening Affects Plasma Nonesterified Fatty Acid and Serum Insulin Concentrations J Nutr. 2015 Jul;145(7):1453-8. doi: 10.3945/jn.115.210716. Epub 2015 May 6.
4. Rebelling against the (Insulin) Resistance: A Review of the Proposed Insulin-Sensitizing Actions of Soybeans, Chickpeas, and Their Bioactive Compounds. Nutrients. 2018 Mar 30;10(4). pii: E434. doi: 10.3390/nu10040434.
5. Adherence to a Healthy Nordic Food Index Is Associated with a Lower Risk of Type-2 Diabetes--The Danish Diet, Cancer and Health Cohort Study. Nutrients.2015 Oct 21;7(10):8633-44. doi: 10.3390/nu7105418.
GO TO Health Discoveries HOME PAGE from best diet for insulin resistance
Apr 04, 22 10:18 PM
A new treatment for Parkinsons disease? Parkinson's disease is a neuro-degenerative disorder for which no neuro-restorative therapeutic treatment is currently available. The medications typically used…
Mar 25, 22 12:00 AM
Finding which beauty product is best for your health has just become easier. Did you know that in 2022 Amazon created the Amazon AWARE line of beauty products that are EWG VERIFIED? This stamp of appr…
Mar 08, 22 04:51 PM
How common is liver cancer? Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is now reported to be the third leading cause of cancer-related deaths worldwide. 75% of all primary liver cancers are this type. How bad is…