Solve High Blood Pressure
By Eating Chocolate?
Do you have high blood pressure? Reach for a truffle!
- Lowering your blood pressure may be as easy as adding a cacao drink or a chocolate bar to your daily diet. Why?
Eating dark chocolate might lower your high blood pressure just as well as blood pressure medication!
You may want to find out what researchers know that your doctor may not. 1
Chocolate vs Meds for Blood Pressure
- Overweight and want to bring your blood pressure down?
- Think you may have to go on anti-hypertension medication?
- Prefer to bring your blood pressure down naturally?
Here's why you will want to review your options:
- Many of the drugs used to treat both of these issues have been shown to make you GAIN weight.
To begin to bring down hypertension, you may start by eating chocolate every day. Why?
- Dark chocolate is rich in polyphenols that help control blood
pressure. Polyphenols are among the plant chemicals that make a diet
that's rich in fruits and vegetables healthy.
An analysis of studies by Dr. Dirk Taubert, published in The
Archives of Internal Medicine, found that:
- The effect of eating 3 and a
half ounces (100 gm) of chocolate a day was clinically significant in
comparison to that of Beta-blockers like atenolol (Tenormin), or
The main dietary sources of ployphenols are tea and chocolate,
but Dr. Taubert found tea, including green tea not to be effective, in
that none of the tea studies he reviewed showed a significant benefit.
- Dr. Taubert himself reports that he started to eat more dark chocolate, and that his blood pressure has gone down since!
Get Chocolate or Meds If You Need To Loose Weight?
Because of the calories in chocolate, you might have been told to instead, get a prescription to lower your blood pressure.
But, read on, and you might re-consider. Here's why:
- Beta-blockers, one of the drugs most commonly used for
hypertension, have been shown to cause weight gain and decrease
metabolic rate by 10 per cent, creating a risk for diabetes and weight gain.
(Commonly prescribed beta-blockers include brand names Brevibloc, Coreg, Inderal Lopressor, Toprol-XL Normodyne, Trandate, Sectral, Tenormin and Zebeta. Or they may be called: isoprolol, carvedilol, propranolol, metoprolol, labetalol, acebutolol, or atenolol.)
- Several classes of anti depressants have also been shown to
increase body weight, so eating some chocolate may just benefit your
mood along with your blood pressure!
You will want to check with your doctor about any WEIGHT GAIN SIDE EFFECTS of your drugs.
HERE'S THE GOOD NEWS:
You don't have to worry about getting fat from eating some dark chocolate regularly!
- A recent study found that people who ate chocolate often,
WEIGHED LESS than those who did not, even when the chocolate eaters ate
MORE CALORIES!! They found compounds in chocolate that stop weight gain.
- Cocoa has antioxidants called oligomeric procyanidins (PCs). These were found to improve glucose tolerance and keep weight down in a study with mice on a high fat diet.
- These cocoa flavenols have both anti obesity and anti diabetic qualities.
Nutrition helps heart health, and eating a diet rich in fruits
and vegetables has just gotten easier for hypertension – by treating
your self to some quality dark chocolate every day.
Ask Us for: Best Supplements for Heart Attack, Stroke, Blood Clot Prevention
You may ASK US for a personal recommendation for:
- A natural supplement for hypertensive heart disease that can safely be taken with prescription medications
We hope that you have been inspired to find a natural cure high blood pressure rather than risk losartan side effects.
- The DASH diet for lowering blood pressure, with high calcium and dairy, is worth considering along with having a delicious piece of dark chocolate every day.
1 Chocolate, High Blood Pressure and Heart Health
Natural Cure High Blood Pressure: Dark Chocolate Best Diet for High Blood Pressure
Go to Health Discoveries HOME PAGE from Natural Cure High Blood Pressure